This page contains information about the features available to Galaxy "admin" users.
Setup admin user
To give a Galaxy user admin privileges you have to add their Galaxy login ( email ) to the Galaxy configuration file universe_wsgi.ini or config/galaxy.ini. If the file does not exist yet you can create it from the provided sample (config/galaxy.ini.sample). Make sure you rename it. Note that you have to restart Galaxy after modifying the configuration for changes to take effect. Also make sure you don't specify it twice - the line with admin_users is already present in every sample config and should be there only once.
# this should be a comma-separated list of valid Galaxy users admin_users = email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
When an admin user logs into Galaxy, they will see an "Admin" menu item in the top Galaxy menu bar which will take them to the Galaxy Admin page with an administration panel that looks like the picture below. Note that not all the options have to be present as some of them depend on the configuration of your Galaxy.
- Manage users
- Manage groups
- Manage roles
- Manage users API keys
- View data types registry
- View data tables registry
- View tool lineage
- Reload a tool's configuration
- Profile memory usage
- Manage jobs
- Review tool migration stages
- Monitor installing tool shed repositories
- Reset metadata for tool shed repositories
- Manage installed tool shed repositories
- Search and browse tool sheds Here you can install public tools form the connected Tool Sheds. Plese see more information on how to install tools into Galaxy.
- Manage form definitions
- Manage sequencers and external services
- Manage request types
- Sequencing requests
- Find samples