University of Utah
Salt Lake City, Utah
Lodging, Salt Lake City International Airport, and all training events are on the University of Utah campus or in downtown Salt Lake City, and all are easily accessible using TRAX, Salt Lake's light rail network.
University Guest House
Official conference lodging will be the University Guest House on the University of Utah Campus. However, the block of rooms reserved for the event was released on October 6. You may still be able to book a room there, but it appears that some nights (Thursday and Friday) are already sold out. All rooms include
- One king bed
- Flat screen TV with satellite service
- Small refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig coffee maker
- Complimentary wireless internet
- And a full hot breakfast
University Guest House is on the UTA Trax Red Line, with easy access to Salt Lake City airport and the Salt Lake City Library, the location of the Introduction workshop.
Little America Hotel
Another comparably priced option that is close to the Salt Lake City Library, and also on the Red Line, is the Little America Hotel. As of mid-October his hotel averages $123 / night (including taxes & Fees) when booked either directly through the hotel, Hotels.com or Booking.com.
Getting to Salt Lake is easy, thanks to it's major airport, and getting around Salt Lake is also easy, thanks to UTA TRAX.
Salt Lake City International Airport
- $2.50, one way
- $5.00, round trip
- $6.25, day pass
UTA publishes real time data about train and bus locations and this information is available in a plethora of apps for your mobile device.
Travel from Airport to Hotel
The Green Line operates at the airport during these hours:
- 5:42 a.m. to 11:27 p.m. Monday - Friday
- 6:36 a.m. to 11:16 p.m. Saturday
- 6:20 a.m. to 10:20 p.m. Sunday
To get to the conference hotel from the airport
- Catch the Green Line at the airport
- Transfer to the Red Line (Northbound, towards Medical Center) at Courthouse Station
- Get off the Red Line at Fort Douglas Station
- Cross Mario Capecchi Drive, by taking the George S. Eccles 2002 Legacy Bridge (you'll see it)
- Continue forward to Fort Douglas Blvd, and turn left
- In 100 yards, the University Guest House will be on your left.
See the event map for details.
Shuttles, Taxis, Uber and Lyft
The Basics Session will be held at the Salt Lake City Main Public Library. This stunning venue is located in downtown Salt Lake City at 210 East 400 South, and is a stop on the UTA TRAX Red Line and just 5 stops from conference housing. We'll be meeting in Conference Room 4
We would like to thank the USTAR Center for Genetic Discovery (UCGD) for a grant to book this great venue for the advanced workshop.